The Ozark Mountains are pure paradise for the outdoorsman. Old-growth forests, seeping springs, and high waterfalls ignite our passion. We want to go deeper here, to get dirty and bruised. Yet for many, exploring the heart of these mountains is nearly impossible. Pockmarked with massive cave systems and high rock bluffs, these hills hold secrets that most people will never see. Exploring the deepest parts of the Ozarks is an incredibly difficult and dangerous undertaking. Sinkholes, rockfa...
Disclosure: Opinions, camping practices, and experiences expressed with articles posted here or otherwise via user-generated content posted elsewhere on this site are solely the authors’ and do not reflect the opinions, beliefs, camping practices, or experiences of this website or Simple Social Platforms, Inc.
Traveling is a great experience in and of itself, but getting to share those stories and relive the experiences is part of what makes it wonderful. Many of us have amazing stories to tell but we either don’t have an ear to tell or a platform to share.
Everyone has their good stories, bad ones, funny ones, and sad ones, yet all of them deserve to be remembered and shared.
There are many ways to share travel stories (including using Camping.Tools). Whether you simply want to remember your stories or you want the entire world to know about them, we wanted to help enable you to share your stories and do it in the best way possible.
Why Share Your Travel Stories
Before we explore the best ways to share your stories it's important to know why you should. Many people have stories to tell but they aren’t confident in themselves or they don’t always feel like their story is worth sharing. However, We believe everyone’s experiences and stories are worth sharing.
There’s a number of reasons why you should share them:
- They help others
We often don’t know how our stories can impact someone else. Experiences both good and bad can help travelers plan accordingly. Not only are insights helpful but so are our emotional stories. Reading a funny story can cheer up someone’s day or a romantic one could help young love birds keep the fire alive.
- It allows you to remember, relive and save your memories
Sharing travel stories doesn’t always have to be for the benefit of others. Sometimes sharing a story is good for your own heart. It gives the opportunity to remember something you have been through or to pass on an experience.
- A community can be formed
Social media platforms have popped up everywhere because of the human desire to share stories with like-minded individuals. The outdoor community is no different. Many outdoor enthusiasts love connecting with each other by sharing similar travel stories and experiences.
- It’s fun!
The ultimate reason to share is that it’s fun too. Who cares if it is beneficial or if it is a story you tell all the time. If you enjoy doing it then why worry about whether you should share or not?
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” — Maya Angelou.
Our stories aren’t supposed to die inside of us. They are to be remembered and shared with others. Whether the experience is passed down to another generation, the story is to help someone else, or it is simply too precious to be forgotten, the story is worth being told.
What is the Best Place to Share Travel Stories?
Hopefully, you are confident and fired up to share your travel stories. But “where’s the best place to share them?” is a common question.
Our modern digital world has given us a number of ways to share our travel stories but of course there are some old-school traditional ways of sharing that work too. Some ways are better than others, but it’s up to the traveler to know how they want to tell their story.
To help you decide, here is a list of some of the best places to share your travel stories:
- Social media is a great place to share stories in real-time. However, it can be noisy and it can be difficult to go back and see just your travel stories
- Personal blogs are another great place to store your stories, photos and videos. The downside to personal blogs are the upkeep that goes into them.
- Shared photo albums are another great way to share videos and photos with family and friends, but it requires an email to access. Also, this is not the best place to share photos with strangers.
- Printing photo books is something commonly done especially when friends or family members go on big trips together. This is a great way to remember your trip, however, photo books can get expensive and it can be unrealistic to create one every time you travel.
- Journaling your experiences is another way to save your experiences. It’s fun to pull out your old travel logs or journals and re-read old stories or read them to the next generation but they are limited in who you can share with and are easily lost.
- Connecting and sharing travel stories in group settings is such a fun bonding experience. Getting to Share laughs, bringing up old trips, seeing if others had similar experiences, and getting the ability to connect with others through your travels is one of the best things about traveling. Unfortunately, there are limitations with who you are able to connect with face to face.
- Posting stories to Camping.Tools is another great way to share your travel stories and experiences. It’s an easy and safe way to log your travel stories, save them for personal use or to share with the world.
Of all the ways to share your travel stories, we believe Camping.Tools is the best tool for the job! The other methods are great and have their benefits, but Camping.Tools is designed specifically for the outdoor community to chronicle, save and share their travel experiences.
Is Camping.Tools the Right Place For YOU to Share Your Travel Stories?
Camping.tools was created exactly for this reason. For travelers to log their adventures so they could have them forever or so they could share them. It’s one of the simplest and safest platforms to do so.
Ultimately it is your choice to decide what is the right travel story platform for you. Think about what you need to share and how you would like to share it. Then explore how Camping.Tools works and decide for yourself if it is what you are looking for. Here is the platform in a nutshell:
- Sign up for a free account
- You can log your travels including journal entries, photos, videos, and campsite information
- Create and share travel stories for all to see with the blogging feature
- Save stories without making them public
- Interact, comment, and connect with others through their stories and experiences
When it comes to sharing travel stories, think of Camping.Tools as a social platform without the drama and noise that other platforms bring. You can keep to yourself, share or connect with others based on your outdoor interests.
There are even other features for travelers who want to do more than share and connect.
The best thing to do is give it a try and see if it is the storytelling outlet you need.
In What Ways Should You Share Travel Stories?
You know why and you know where but what do you share? How do you get started? If you have been traveling, camping, hiking, sightseeing, or just vising the local state parks you may have so many stories that it’s overwhelming to know what to post. But there’s a simple answer.
Share what you want!
Fun experiences, bad experiences, summer love stories, helpful tips, short stories or long ones. You can talk about the people you met, the places you ate, the recipes you created and the hidden gems you found. Everyone has their own unique stories, it’s up to you how you want to tell it.
- Share the stories
- Share your pictures
- Share the experience
- Share reviews
No two stories are the same and no two people can tell a story the same way. Regardless of how you decide to do it, we want to encourage you to never stop sharing!